Tuesday, May 7, 2024

One arrested at MSU game

While Notre Dame fans held their breath hoping the Irish would pull out a victory against Michigan State, six people were arrested and 26 people were removed from Notre Dame Stadium.

According to the director of the Notre Dame Security Police (NDSP) Phillip Johnson, most of the incidents were alcohol-related.

However, one man was arrested for assaulting three people, including an NDSP officer, outside of the Stadium. One underage person was also issued a summons for intoxication but was released to an adult.

Johnson said one person was transported from the Stadium to St. Joseph County Hospital "for possible alcohol overdose."

Johnson said police are also investigating an incident that occurred at the Fisher Graduate Residences early Saturday morning.

"A student reported to NDSP that an unknown person or persons entered an apartment bedroom while the student was away between 1 a.m. and 4 a.m.," an e-mail sent to the Notre Dame student body said. "Entry to the apartment appeared to be made by removing a screen and opening an unlocked window."

According to the e-mail, "valuable property" was stolen from the apartment.

Johnson would not elaborate on the incident, although he said NDSP does not currently have any suspects.

At the Nevada game two weeks earlier, only one man was arrested outside of the Stadium, while four people were issued summons "for alcohol violations including underage drinking and sale of alcohol without a permit," Johnson said.

Johnson said a total of three people, including two inside of the Stadium, "were transported by ambulance from the public safety office to a local hospital for possible alcohol overdose."

One man inside the Stadium was arrested for an alcohol violation, while 27 were removed from the Sept. 5 game.