Scene's Best of YouTube

Over time, you come to realize that very few things can really cheer you up. I find that these two things are a) Ben and Jerry's and b) ridiculous YouTube videos. Here are four that are guaranteed to put a smile on your face, even if they have no other actual merit.

Funny French Bulldog Goes Crazy on Yoga Ball: Let's talk about cute animals. If you did not just smile after reading that, I think something is wrong with you. Maybe you were dropped on your head as a small child, I don't know. But seriously. If cute animals don't make you giggle just a little, I am going to call PETA on you. This video is of a puppy having way too much fun with a yoga ball. Overdose of cute? Yes, please.

Baby Cries when She Hears the Michigan Fight Song: In light of this weekend's victory, Notre Dame fans far and wide can only smirk when they contemplate what the rest of the season could hold. A second 35-0 shutout against USC? Let's go with 'yes' and 'I expect nothing less.' This little girl knows how the game is played, and watching her reaction makes the smirk nothing more and nothing less than smug. She is learning who does and doesn't play real football at an early stage in her life.

Stalking Cat: And back to the funny animals! This cat is super sneaky, and while not everyone will find it as amusing as I do (low attention span, folks), it is highly entertaining to observe as the cat gets closer with every camera shot. Any training ninjas in the audience, take note. This is how it's done. If I could sneak as good as this cat, my roommates would have to sleep with both eyes open. Or, conversely, stay awake all night every night.

Jon Stewart on Obama at ND: Now this is one that probably (unfortunately) slipped through the cracks. I'm sure a few of you-not many, of course-will remember how a certain President was our Commencement speaker this past May. It was a baller speech, by the way. But I'm sure even less of you will recall the reactions to the University's decision. This is one of the more amusing ones. Jon Stewart, you capture our school well.

So when you need to turn that frown upside down-or avoid that paper due on Friday-pull up these for some senseless, time wasting amusement. After all, being easily entertained facilitates procrastination, and YouTube is the best source for that at all times.