Football Notes: Tate's long catches, FG record

-Tate's receptions of 67 and 77 yards were good for his longest and third longest of his career. Tate's 244 yards receiving was a career high.

-Clausen's 422 yards passing marks the second time he has surpassed 400 yards passing in his career. His previous career-high was 401 yards against Hawaii in the 2008 Hawaii Bowl.

-Tausch equaled the single game record for field goals in Notre Dame Stadium with five. He is the first Irish kicker ever to connect on five field goals in a game without registering a single miss.

-Notre Dame has played in four consecutive games decided by a touchdown or less. It is the first time since the 2000 season that the Irish have had four consecutive games decided by a touchdown or less. That last streak was against Nebraska, Purdue, Michigan State and Stanford.

-McCarthy on playing in Notre Dame Stadium: "It's football and in a game like that it's a huge game, there's 80,000 people and this is Notre Dame so you know there's a whole bunch of fans living and dying with every play. So it's an honor to play in these types of games and I'm just really happy to get out of here with a win."

-Despite the win, Notre Dame remained in the category of "Others receiving votes"?when the latest Coaches and AP?Polls were released Sunday.

"If you compare apples to apples, I think that we deserve to be there right with everybody else," Irish coach Charlie Weis said Sunday.

-Junior running back Armando Allen played a lot early against the Huskies, but was removed in favor of classmate Robert Hughes for most of the second half. Weis said that Allen slightly tweaked an ankle injury that had been bothering him earlier in the week, but could have played again if needed.

"I really think that Armando [Allen] could have gone back into the game, but he was starting to be stiff standing on the sideline, and to be honest with you, Robert [Hughes] had it rocking and rolling at the time,"?Weis said. "If Armando was ready to go back in, I certainly wasn't going to take Robert out when we had momentum with him in there. I think once he got in there and got it going, that wasn't a time to make a switch, even if Armando was as full speed and ready to go."