IT resolution passes at Monday's meeting

The Saint Mary's Student Government Association (SGA) passed a resolution and new guidelines for sponsorships at their meeting Monday night. 

The new resolution passed requires the Saint Mary's Information Technology department to give the same support to SGA computers that they give to the other faculty and student computers on campus, student body vice president Megan Griffin said. 

This resolution is the second passed by SGA this school year. 

The SGA board also voted on the new process through which clubs will apply for sponsorships. The new process has redistributed funds so that clubs will no longer have to pay for campus programming they want to put on out of their allotment funds. Campus wide program funding is now available through sponsorships, student body president Jenny Hoffman explained. 

Clubs can now at any time begin to apply for sponsorships and there is no limit on how many times any given club can apply for sponsorship money. 

Also, each club will be responsible for showing that their given sponsorship funds are being used correctly. Failure to do this could result in denied sponsorships in the future. 
The Board also reviewed the guidelines of the allotment process as they are preparing to enter the process of reviewing and approving campus clubs' requests for their allotment funding. 

"We made the guidelines to make sure that they are fair and consistent," Hoffman said. 
When the clubs are notified of their allotment amounts they will also be given an appeal letter for any grievances they might have with their given allotment. 

SGA is continuing their effort to be more visible around campus. Lists of events for the month of November can be found on the tables in the dining hall as well and on the new issue of Stall News that SGA will be placing in bathrooms around campus.