Stay classy, ND

This past weekend I attended the Notre Dame-Pitt game at Heinz Field. Despite the loss and the relatively poor performance that our team exhibited on the field, I came out of that game prouder than ever to be a member of the Notre Dame community. I don't think I have ever heard that many four letter words in my life, especially those directed to people who were quite obviously not Notre Dame students. The worst part is the Pitt insults were not even creative; their student section had only two chants throughout the entire game — "Let's go Pitt" and (more often) "F**k the Irish."

As the Connecticut game comes around we have a team coming in that has dealt with a major tragedy this season. Normally I think that articles like this, chastising students for saying things like "suck" and "kill" are dumb (especially when many of us have been to games in places like Michigan, Michigan State, Purdue, or Pitt where you're more likely to hear someone say "F**k you" than anything else), but due to the circumstances, I think it would be inappropriate to do the kill chant. We have the best fans in the country; we ought to show that we will not sink to the levels of our rivals. We are ND!

Jonathan Jasinski
junior 
Stanford
Nov. 16