Happy 'Hallidays' from Howard

It's the "Halliday" season, and Howard Hall is spreading cheer this Wednesday evening with their signature Christmas event.  A winter wonderland will appear between Crowley Hall of Music and LaFortune from 8-10 p.m., full of sweet treats, a sleigh ride and if Santa's on our side, some magical white precipitation from the sky.  

The herald angels, otherwise known as the Glee Club and Howard Liturgical Choir, will be singing as horse-drawn carriages trot around God Quad and South Quad. Santa will be on standby, pouring cups of hot chocolate and promising report cards full of A's for those who avoided his Naughty List.  

On top of all those goodies, the event will feature tons of free homemade baked goods, Howard's social campus co-commissioner, Kelly Colas, said.  

"We already have around 20 pounds worth of puppy chow. Most of the girls in Howard are baking homemade cookies and we're going to have s'mores and a grill to roast the marshmallows on," she said.

Howard Hall would love to see the whole campus attend the event. "I'm really excited for everyone to have a chance to unwind before finals week and to see Howard girls and all of campus come together … I think it's going to be really fun," Michelle Lee, Howard's other social campus co-commissioner, said.

Lee also recommended that guests arrive on the early side to ensure they get the chance to go on a sleigh ride. The sleigh will be available from during the entire event but can only take a certain number of trips around the campus. 

The classy men of Glee Club will start fa-la-la-la-la-ing at 8:30 p.m., then turn over the stage to Howard's liturgical choir at 9:30. Christmas carols will ring throughout campus, surely making Buddy the Elf proud.

Howard hopes to share holiday cheer with the rest of campus, Colas said.

"I'm most looking forward to seeing everyone have a good time at the ‘Halliday.' It's a great opportunity … for everyone to get excited about Christmas and the rest of the semester," she said.

The event has changed over the years, with new additions including a sleigh ride and a sitting area for guests to relax and indulge in the delicious treats. 

"We started planning in September and getting in touch with the sleigh company, filling out the SAO request and getting the t-shirts," Colas said.

"Howard Halliday" t-shirts will be on sale for $13.  All proceeds will go to Howard's bone marrow drive.

Put on your Christmas gear, gather up your friends and take a trip to LaFortune for some goodies and a photo with Santa Wednesday night.  Be careful on your way over though. We don't want anyone getting run over by a reindeer.