Marching with the band a wish come true

As a Notre Dame alum and Make A Wish volunteer assigned to Jacob's wish; I could never be more proud of Notre Dame, especially the Marching Band, Jennifer Laiber, the Aerospace and Mechanical Engineering Dept and everyone who had a chance to meet Jacob. When I talked with Jacob's mom Nov. 24 upon their return to Colorado she could not thank you all enough. It was a dream come true for Jacob and her and they will never ever forget your kindness.

As Jacob said in his own words: "I want to play with the best. Band, you are the best! Thank you."

Below is what Jacob's mom posted on the NBC Sports College Sports Inside The Irish story on Friday, Nov 20.

"I have never been more proud of my son. This opportunity is definitely a once-in-a-lifetime experience and I am very proud of his decision for this wish. I did not influence him one bit on how to utilize such an opportunity in his life. I am very grateful to all involved in making this happen for my son. He struggles with cystic fibrosis every day and to be able to give him this makes me truly speechless! My brother and best friend passed away just over a year ago in a car crash and I truly have not been able to smile with such intensity since than, as I have these past few days! I am truly forever greatful for this opportunity for my son! God bless all of you!"

Mike Williams
alumnus 
Class of 1972
Nov. 24