Members discuss results of Transpo debut

Following the opening weekend of the new Transpo bus route, the Council of Representatives (COR) discussed student responses to the initiative and potential improvements for the future. 

"In my opinion it went very, very well," student body president Grant Schmidt said.  "It accomplished everything we wanted it to."

Schmidt and student body vice president Cynthia Weber began working on the new bus route as a way to provide students with safe, convenient and free transportation off campus on the weekends.

COR members agreed that Transpo was a success, with generally positive feedback and no incidents to report. 

"It's supposed to be fun," Schmidt said.  "Obviously we have to be responsible, but the point is it got everyone home safely."

However, COR members agreed on the need for more education about the route and the timetable for pick-up and drop-off.  COR members suggested posting a route map inside the bus and distributing laminated cards with the times and locations to increase Transpo's use.

In other COR news:

Study space will be available in the dining halls during finals week.

The east room of South Dining Hall will be available Sunday through Thursday from 9 p.m. to 2 a.m.

The gold and F rooms of North Dining Hall will be available Sunday to Wednesday from 8 p.m. to 2 a.m.