Saint Mary's Class Boards

First-Year Board

For their first major event, the first year board invited guest speaker Perry Watson to Saint Mary's. Watson, the owner of Mishawaka's Lexus dealership, spoke to students about leadership.

For Thanksgiving, the board wrote and delivered 632 thank-you notes to the faculty and staff of Saint Mary's.  

The board is currently working on their "Give One Dorm Item" event. The items are then sent to the Saint Vincent de Paul Society of South Bend.

The board is planning a variety show for next semester and they are developing ideas for new service projects and other plans.  

Sophomore Board

During the past semester, the sophomore class board focused on apparel fundraising sales. Much of the board's time this semester has been spent planning Sophomore Parent's weekend. The weekend is scheduled for February, and the board has already sent out invitations to sophomore parents.  

The board plans to have more events next year aimed at fostering class bonding. The board is contemplating volunteer activities.   

The board's goals for next semester are to welcome back the students that studied abroad and to incorporate them back into class activities. In addition, they would like to plan events that will create a better union of the members of the Class of 2012.    

Junior Board

To kick off the year, the Saint Mary's junior board members had a meet and greet with their class members. 

T-shirt sales began this week and are open to all students. The junior class picked the shirt design.  

The junior board organized the Junior Class Formal. President Meghan Helmle said, "[The Junior Formal] was the best attended dance 2011 has had."

The board is also planning a spring community outreach event, where students can donate gently used or new formal gowns to Cinderella's Closet. 

The goal of the junior board this year is to increase student participation. 

Senior Board

At the beginning of this year, the senior board planned Senior Dad's Weekend.  

According to president Nancy Mulkerrins, the event "ended up being a really fantastic time."

Also, the board focused on raising money with their Saint Mary's windbreaker sale.  

Currently, the board members are working with the Children's Dispensary, a local group that creates learning activities for children. In addition, they are exploring the ideas of sending letters to troops and participating with Meals on Wheels.  

The board is currently planning ideas for Senior Week and Senior Formal. The formal is scheduled to take place in April.