Weekend Events Calendar

Thursday

DPAC, 6:30 p.m. and 9:30 p.m. Student Film Festival
The 21st Annual Student Film Festival will premiere this Thursday evening at the Browning Cinema. It comprises films produced by Notre Dame students, many made for a variety of film classes offered on campus. The Student Film Festival is always a very popular event, highlighting the extraordinary talent of the ND student body. Each film lasts between three and fifteen minutes and promises to exhibit the acting skills of students and faculty alike. The festival will continue on Friday and Saturday evenings at the same time, so there are plenty of opportunities to attend. This event always sells out quickly, so be sure to get tickets ahead of time.

Friday

Legends, 10 p.m. Nine Days Concert
Some of you may remember the rock/pop band Nine Days from the early 2000's just by their name alone. Others of you would certainly recognize their song "Absolutely (Story of Girl)." Or you may have never heard of them at all. Regardless, the band is set to perform at Legends this Friday night and it promises to be a great show. With the combination of a catchy turn-of-the-century (the 21st century, that is) sound and lots of energy, Nine Days is sure to be a crowd pleaser. After Nine Days has put you in a nostalgic state of mind, hang around for the 90s nightclub at midnight.

Saturday

Legends, 10 p.m. Joze Valdez and the Mambo Allstars
Joze Valdez and the Mambo Allstars will be performing at Legends on Saturday night. The band is known for their combination of classical and modern Latin beats, encompassing many popular forms of Latin dance including salsa, meringue and cha-cha among others. They have performed at many well-known venues including the Taste of Chicago, Summerdance at Grant Park and the Adler Planetarium. This energetic dance music is sure to get your blood pumping and your toes tapping. Even better, it will put you in the mood for Salsa night, which starts at midnight. Be sure to bring your friends and embrace your inner, or outer, Latin dancer.

Sunday

Free Day
Sunday is the perfect day to relax and prepare for the week ahead. Take this time to catch up on homework, enjoy a cup of coffee and a movie or watch the latest episode of your favorite TV show. If staying in is out of the question, this could be a good day to grab lunch with friends off campus or go to the women's basketball game at 1 p.m. at the Purcell Pavilion. Above all, this is the perfect day to get rejuvenated and ready to do it all again next week. As students, we all need to be sure to slow down from our lives and take care of ourselves. And it is never too early to start.