A Taste of Chicago in Mishawaka

Searching for some delicious deep dish pizza but don't have the ways and means of getting to Chicago? Love Italian food but are tired of the pasta selection at the dining halls?
Look no further than the new Gino's East Restaurant in Heritage Square, Mishawaka. Located about ten minutes from campus, it is a perfect way to satisfy an overwhelming craving for the delicious Chicago-style food without the inconvenience of traveling to the city.
The new restaurant in Mishawaka has an arcade, an outdoor patio and an exact replica of the bar from the Chicago restaurant. Amiable, outgoing, knowledgeable waiters and waitresses help make the dining experience an enjoyable one. They are ready with jokes and recommendations, providing you with prompt service and great attitudes.
Pictures of celebrities, Chicago and other icons dot the brightly painted walls. The atmosphere and ambience are inviting and warm. Combine the friendly décor with the excellent service and delicious food, and the restaurant is one well worth return trips.
The food also does not disappoint. Though the pizzas take about 30 to 45 minutes to make, the perfection and mouth watering deliciousness is well worth the wait. Gino's offers a variety of deep-dish pizzas, from Cheese to Four Cheese, Pepperoni to Meaty Legend. They also have a vegetarian option. The two-inch thick pies, loaded with flavorful tomato sauce and the toppings of your choice, are rich and will satiate even the most ravenous appetites of growing teenage boys.
For those who do not like Chicago-style or who do like to wait, don't fret. Gino's also has an assortment of thin crust pies, pastas and sandwiches. Though not what they are famous for, the other entrees are just as well made and delectable. A variety of appetizers are also available to whet the appetites of those who choose to wait for the renowned deep-dish pizzas.
Luckily, Gino's is also an affordable place to find a good slice. Bring a few friends, split a pizza and don't break the bank, which is always a positive scenario for poor college students. It will never be a deal like CiCi's, but the better quality pizza is worth the extra money. It's a great treat after a tough test, for a birthday celebration or just as a chance to eat somewhere that is not North or South Dining Hall.
Gino's East is open 11 a.m. to 11 p.m. Monday through Thursday, 11 a.m. to midnight Friday and Saturday, and 11 a.m. to 10 p.m. Sunday. They offer call-in and carry-out service and delivery. You can order the famous deep-dish pizzas and pick them up half cooked in order to make and serve them at your leisure at home or in your dorm.
For special events, Gino's offers a catering menu or party packages. At the restaurant, though, the staff is very accommodating for larger parties.
So this weekend, grab some friends, or maybe a Valentine missing his or her traditional Chicago fare, and enjoy an appetizing meal off campus in good company.