Sunday, May 12, 2024

An earthquaking trend

At 3:59:34 a.m. CST on Feb. 10, a 3.8-magnitude earthquake hit Northern Illinois. Fellow countrymen felt the commotion in places such as Tennessee and Georgia. Comparatively, the devastating earthquake in Haiti registered 7.0 on the Richter Scale. Therefore, Haiti experienced an earthquake roughly 1,500 times stronger than the one in Illinois. If you believe that this means the earthquake in Illinois was 1,500 times less important ... au contraire, mon frère. I must take a page out of my friend Pat Robertson's book. Thus, I begin my rant:

"It (the earthquake) may be a blessing in disguise. Something happened a long time ago in Illinois, and people might not want to talk about it. Illinoisans were originally under the heel of the Democrats. You know, Rod Blagojevich, or whatever. And they (the people of Illinois) got together and swore a pact to Barack Obama. They said, we will serve you if you will get us free from Rod Blagojevich. True story. And so, Barack Obama said, okay it's a deal. Ever since, they have been cursed by one thing after the other." The rest, as they say, is history.

Tom Schuster

junior

O'Neill Hall

Feb. 12