Bengal Bouts: Quarterfinals, 151 pounds

Tim "The Slayer" Thayer def. Ethan "Chomp Chomp" Hatch

Both fighters came out with steady, balanced attacks, each jabbing and landing solid shots to the head and body.

After a stiff right hand to his opponent's head, the senior captain Thayer began to take over the round.

In the second round, Thayer came out dealing again, landing two right-handed uppercuts. Hatch recovered, but Thayer came right back with another tough combination before the referee ended the fight after the second round and declared Thayer the winner.

Tommy "The Hebrew Hammer" Schanzer def. Michael "Face for the Radio" Magill

A ho-hum first round set the tone for the senior Schanzer to dictate the second round against the sophomore. Schanzer's second round created clear separation in the fight.
The senior won in a unanimous decision.

Andrew Kristensen def. Andrew "Fess the Mess" Fessler

The two sophomores both came out with a balanced approach, each being patient and waiting for his opportunity to strike. Kristensen jabbed well throughout the fight and Fessler consistently landed counters. After taking a solid right hand to the head, Fessler stumbled, but Kristensen could not capitalize. For most of the third round, the two went blow for blow. Kristensen won in a split decision.

Bobby Powers def. Matt "Manimal" Roesch

Powers outpunched and outmaneuvered Roesch from bell to bell and exhibited what seemed like endless energy and aggression in his unanimous victory.

The freshman Roesch faced a tough task in Powers' experienced and well-timed jabs to the head and body.

The junior is looking to make his third trip to the finals and win his second championship.