Bengal Bouts: Quarterfinals, 166 pounds

Matthew Gimlett def.  Jack "The Ripper" Healy

The freshman Healy began the fight with a bang, quickly cornering his senior opponent. But as the fight continued, Gimlett's seniority showed through. A steady stream of jabs in the third round secured Gimlett his unanimous win.

Jason "Pretty Boy" Miller def. Michael "Caveman" Abercrombie

Miller's senior status provided him with experience against sophomore Abercrombie.
While Abercrombie was quick on his feet and dodged the punches of Miller to the best of his abilities, Miller's shots to the stomach and flurry of jabs to the head was too much for "Caveman" to handle.

Miller pinned Abercrombie against the ropes on numerous occasions and won a unanimous victory.

Nicholas Severyn def. Robert Manfreda

Severyn's technique set him apart in the first round, but the freshman Manfreda showed no indication of his rookie status. While the junior's ability to dodge punches added to his efforts, Manfreda ended the second round full of energy. In the end, Severyn's experience helped him last through the final round and take the fight by a split decision.

Gregory Bennett def. David "Mountain Man" Cray

Bennett, a sophomore, and Cray, a junior, both exchanged jabs to the stomach and head throughout the first two rounds. Cray slowly fatigued, and Bennett's intensity and aggression tilted the fight in his favor.

Bennett's flurry of jabs in the third round and his quickness on his feet earned him the unanimous decision.