Bengal Bouts: Quarterfinals, 180 pounds

Mike Doran def. David "Played and it pleased the Lord" Fosselman

An even first round was not enough to satisfy the junior Doran, and it showed when he picked up his pace in the second round, dodging the sophomore Fosselman's punches to maintain control. Fosselman started the third round aggressively, but Doran came back to take the match by unanimous decision.

Giacomo "Il Capo" Minafra def. Alex "Mac Attack" Macomber

Minafra took an early lead that he kept for the duration of the fight in his defeat of junior Macomber.

Early in the first round, Minafra pinned Macomber against the ropes as Macomber could not find the opportunity he needed to weaken his relentless opponent.

In the third round, Macomber struggled to find his target, and let his guard down. Minafra reacted by throwing a right shot that pushed Macomber back against the ropes and sent Minafra to the unanimous victory.

Nicholas "It's-a ME-a" Ponzio def. Preston Bennett

After an even beginning, the senior captain Ponzio ended the first round in control by cornering his freshman opponent. Bennett came back with intensity in the next round, overpowering his older opponent. In the end, Ponzio continued to pressure his challenger and took the win by split decision.

Dominic "Warsaw War Hammer" Golab def. Brian "Half-man, Half hair" O'Connor

The early lead by Golab proved advantageous as he defeated O'Connor in a battle of juniors. Only a few seconds into the first round, Golab had O'Connor against the ropes with a series of hard combination punches.

In the second round, o ne right hook from O'Connor left Golab dizzy, off target and unbalanced as Golab almost fell to the ground.

The third round was the most definitive as Golab acquired a number of points and threw a series of powerful punches that O'Connor could not protect himself from. Golab won in a split decision from the judges.