Bengal Bouts: Quarterfinals, 189 pounds

Bernardo "Blue" Garcia def. Christopher "Stubs" Sarkis

The junior Garcia began the match in control, but the freshman Sarkis quickly came back, knocking Garcia to the ground to end the round. Garcia came back to begin the next round as strong as he had begun, and took the match by a unanimous decision.

Jim Hasson def. John Zivalich

Hasson, a junior, defeated his freshman opponent with 20 seconds left in the first round.

Early in the fight, Hasson rushed Zivalich against the ropes where Zivalich quickly lost his balance and fell to the ground. Hasson aggressively pursued Zivalich with a series of blows, causing the referee to stop the fight before the first bell.

Timothy Wallace def. Patrick "The Paddy" Handy

The junior Wallace came out swinging against the energetic freshman Handy, landing three significant combinations and opening up a number of cuts on Handy's face to momentarily stop the fight in the first round. Handy regrouped and opened the second round on the offensive, but Wallace retaliated with a strong blow to Handy's face, causing the referee to end the fight and give Wallace the victory by technical knockout.

William "The Italian Stallion" Straccia def. Adam "The Sultan of Swing" Zaabel

Despite a solid performance in the first round, the sophomore Zaabel was not able to keep his lead going long enough to beat Straccia, a junior.

In the first round, Zaabel threw an early left hook shot that sent Straccia into a corner and shifted momentum in the sophomore's favor.

From the beginning of the second round, Straccia seemed dazed, but he recovered by driving Zaabel against the ropes and into a corner.

Zaabel became more offensive in the third round, trying to scrape up a few last points for a potential victory, but a powerful left hook from Straccia proved to be the difference in a split decision.