BFFs with Ben & Jerry

Do you plan on spending this Valentine's Day with the most constant friends in your life, Ben and Jerry? Or would you just like to bring in the dynamic duo to join you and your significant other for a quality double date? Either way, Ben and Jerry are there for you, ready to provide with their typical brand of frozen goodness. Whether you're a chocolate lover, dig the cookie dough or just want some fruity fun, there is a flavor for everyone. Get those spoons ready.

Here are, in no particular order, 10 of Ben & Jerry's best, to be enjoyed by all.

1. Cherry Garcia
This classic flavor, named after Grateful Dead guitarist Jerry Garcia, is a longtime favorite. In it, cherry ice cream gets swirled together with cherry and fudge chunks to create the perfect balance of fruit and chocolate, guaranteed to please even the most discerning palette. It can even be found in a "healthy" low fat version, making those chocolate Kisses on the side seem like a great idea.

2. Half Baked
This ice cream, an ode to Dave Chappelle film "Half Baked," features the delicious combo of chocolate and vanilla ice cream mixed with pieces of fudge brownies and bites of cookie dough. Perfect for those couples that just can't seem to decide between Ben & Jerry's Chocolate Fudge Brownie Ice Cream and Chocolate Chop Cookie Dough Ice Cream (both also terrific choices), or for anyone who thinks they can handle a mouthwatering combination of baked goods and ice cream. Again, this flavor can somehow be deemed "healthy" by buying the low fat version, just in case.

3. Phish Food
Ben and Jerry take their love for fellow Vermontians the band Phish to a new level with this entirely unique flavor. In it, one will find chocolate ice cream swirled together with gooey marshmallows, caramel and fudge fish.

4. Dublin Mudslide
Just because it's Notre Dame. This popular flavor is perfect not only for Valentine's Day, but for the upcoming St. Patrick's Day season as well. Treat your taste buds to some Irish Crème liqueur ice cream mixed with chocolate chip cookies and a coffee fudge swirl. Although originally released as a limited-time-only flavor, its popularity brought Ben and Jerry to their senses, and can now be found year-round.

5. Fossil Fuel
For the kid in all of us. Enjoy your sweet cream ice cream with chocolate cookie pieces and a fudge swirl by adding some fudge dinosaurs to the mix!

6. Stephen Colbert's AmeriCone Dream
Stephen Colbert 2012? Even if you're not so into Mr. Colbert, can you turn down an ice cream that sends its proceeds to The Stephen Colbert AmeriCone Dream Fund, which gives money to help disadvantaged children, veterans and the environment? I didn't think so. The combination of vanilla ice cream, fudge covered waffle cone pieces and a caramel swirl should be the icing on top of the cake of the best altruistic ice cream out there!

7. Karamel Sutra
Another classic Ben & Jerry's flavor, Karamel Sutra is sure to please any caramel fan out there with its core of soft caramel encircled by caramel and chocolate ice creams and fudge chips.

8. Dave Matthews Band Magic Brownies Encore Edition
This delicious flavor features black raspberry ice cream mixed with sweet cream ice cream and fudge brownies. Regardless of your high expectations, its sure to please all, once again mastering Ben & Jerry's knack for mixing fruit and chocolate to delicious results.

9. ONE Cheesecake Brownie
It's as simple as it sounds. Cheesecake ice cream combined with cheesecake brownie chunks. Made in conjunction with Google, the proceeds from this ice cream go to Google's ONE campaign, which aids the fight against extreme poverty and preventable diseases globally.

10. Chubby Hubby
And to top off this extensive list of flavors, guaranteed to have a flavor for everyone, comes the complex concoction of vanilla malt ice cream, rippled with fudge and peanut butter and loaded with fudge-covered peanut-butter filled pretzels. This flavor was invented with the help of some fans back in 1988, and has stuck around ever since. Perfect for the pretzel-lover and the peanut butter-lover alike!

Contact Maija Gustin at mgustin@nd.edu@nd.edu