Cloudy with a chance of meatballs

There are many things to like about North Dining Hall, from the large main room to its lovely employees swiping everyone in day after day. However, it is hard to be complacent, as there are things within those walls which seemingly defy logic or reason.

First, one has to wonder why North chooses to have Mini Swedish Meatballs as an option. Not only are they terrible, but the real atrocity is that they replace the delicacy that is regular meatballs. Why mix Swedish with Italian? Keep it pure, North.

Secondly, it may blow some people's minds, but grilled chicken that is available and not dry is actually preferable to other options. Why cook to order? Keep some out for those of us who just want to eat quickly.

Oh, and why separate spoons from the forks and knives? This sort of segregation of utensils is something we cannot stand for at the University. Spoons have every right to be with their brethren.

As for the Domers who see this plea and immediately point to South as the answer, all I have to say is "Left left." When I go to eat, I don't want to have to go through a maze first. Your little Hogwarts is not for me.

Brendan Keeler

sophomore

Siegfried Hall

Feb. 12