Senate approves printer resolution

In an effort to improve the general well- being of students, senators examined two important issues during its Wednesday night meeting, passing a resolution for the installation of a color printer at LaFortune and proposing a student medical amnesty policy.

Currently, there are only two color printers on campus intended for student use.  These are located in DeBartolo Hall and the Hesburgh Library.  Realizing the need for an additional printer, 22 senators voted unanimously to pass the resolution — "A Resolution Proposing the Installation of a Color Printer in the LaFortune Computer Complex." 

The resolution "requests that the OIT install color printing solution in the LaFortune Computer Complex."

The second proposal — "A Resolution Proposing a Student Medical Amnesty Policy" — aims to protect a student who is seeking help for an injured friend. The resolution is proposed by Nick Ruof, Chairman of the Committee on Residence Life. Ruof was clear in stating the purpose of the resolution.

"We want to students to feel safe and confident in calling emergency response and not worry about the repercussions," Ruof said.  "It's not a policy where kids can wander around the dorm drunk and seek out medical amnesty."

Debate on the resolution was postponed due to quorum.  Debate will resume at a later time.