SGA approves three club sponsorships Wed.

Saint Mary's Student Government Association (SGA) approved three sponsorships at their meeting Wednesday night. 

Le Mans Hall Council president Maddy Peterek presented a sponsorship request for the council's next three events. There will be a Valentine's Day Breakfast Thursday morning in Le Mans. 

They are also planning a Spa Day, with nail painting and other spa treatments for Le Mans residents the day of the all-school formal, Peterek said. 

Also, on March 21 the Council will be having an all-hall Mass, and there will be refreshments to follow. SGA approved their sponsorship for all three events. The funds will supplement what the Le Mans Hall Council has already made through fundraising. 

The Circle K Club will be sending members to a convention and leadership conference with all other Indiana Circle K chapters, Circle K president Megan Alexander said.

All the members attending the conference will be returning to the club next year to bring what they learn back to the school, Alexander said. 

Their sponsorship was approved by SGA to fund the attendance of nine members to their all-inclusive conference, she said.

The final sponsorship of the night was proposed by three clubs jointly: The Chinese Culture Club, Pacific Islander Club and the Around the World Club. They will be hosting China Night, to celebrate the Chinese New Year, Chinese Culture Club representative Joan Chen said.

The two-hour program will feature dance, musical and martial arts presentations, and refreshments will be served. It will be held in Moreau Little Theater Sunday, Chen said. 
"It's a good opportunity to celebrate Chinese culture," she said. 

SGA granted the sponsorship money.

Procedures and rules for the next SGA elections were voted and passed at the meeting as well after a few minor changes. Campaigning for next year's major boards will begin on Feb. 22.