Dining Hall Dish

Homemade and healthy apple crisp

No, it might not be just like Mom's, but this homemade version of one of America's favorite desserts will still have you licking your lips and pining for more. The best part is it's guilt-free and just as tasty as the old-fashioned stuff.

1 bowl
2 scoops of hot and chunky applesauce
2 scoops of low fat granola with raisins
Optional: a swirl of vanilla frozen yogurt

1. Head to the Homestyle section for the hot chunky applesauce.

2. While it's still sizzling, make sure to load on the granola. I'm a personal fan of a 2:1 granola-to-applesauce ratio, but feel free to make it your own.

3. Once you've loaded on the good stuff, make a pit stop at the fro-yo machine and add a little creamy goodness.

"Last-ditch effort" wrap with chipotle sauce

Ever walked through the dining hall and not found anything good to eat? Every ingredient is available every day (except the chicken on Lenten Fridays). This wrap still has enough flair to fill the void.

1 large tortilla (tomato, spinach, herbs, or honey wheat)
Grilled and chopped chicken (substitute tuna on Fridays during Lent)
Lettuce
Diced tomatoes
Shredded cheddar cheese
Scoop of guacamole
Scoop of pico de gallo
Chipotle ranch sauce

1. Grab one of the assortment of large tortillas found at the sandwich bar station. Tomato basil adds some color, but any type will work.

2. Go to the Pan-American station and grab enough of the chopped grilled chicken to evenly cover a palm-sized portion of your wrap.

3. Add lettuce, diced tomatoes and cheese to your liking.

4. Sprinkle some pico de gallo into the mix.

5. Spread a scoop of guacamole onto the tortilla.

6. At the Panini grills, stir up everything with a fork, then wrap up the mix. Fold both sides in, then fold the top and bottom so you have an envelope of delicious dinner.

7. Lay the wrap folded-edges down in the Panini grill and close the grill.

8. Wait four or five minutes for a crispy wrap, or flip over after two minutes for a criss-crossed grill. The grilling should seal the wrap shut so it doesn't fall apart while you're eating it.

9. Squirt a few tablespoons of chipotle ranch sauce (also found at the sandwich bar) into a dessert or salad bowl. You can spread the chipotle sauce onto your wrap bite by bite.