Favorite Television Shows Return

"Dancing With The Stars" on Mondays at 8 p.m on ABC
"Dancing With The Stars" premiered Monday with a new season and an all-star lineup.  Controversy already surrounds the season as Kate Gosselin, infamous mother of "Jon and Kate Plus Eight," is a contestant. Football player Chad Ochocinco also promises to be an exciting contestant to watch, dancing for the first time outside the end zone. If his Cha Cha from Monday night is any indication, he will be a fierce competitor. From Buzz Aldrin to Pamela Anderson, Pussycat Doll Nicole Scherzinger to Bachelor Jake Pavelka, the season promises to be full of stellar moves and swinging hips.

"Gossip Girl" on Mondays at 9 p.m on The CW
It was hard to feel the xoxo when Gossip Girl made a flat return on March 8, but fortunately the drama and fashion picked up the pace in the last two episodes. You have to wonder though, how many times can Rufus realistically denounce his daughter? Obviously she's a screw-up, but can we just move on already? Also, Chuck's mama-drama is not all that interesting and the coupledom of the series is getting a little too predictable. Something major is needed to revive this weakening power-hour of teen television. An unexpected pregnancy might be the only thing left that can bring a little life to the Upper East Side.

"The Office" on Thursdays at 9 p.m on NBC
Everyone's favorite mockumentary television show returned on March 4 with "The Delivery," an hour-long episode devoted to the birth of Jim and Pam's baby. Now more than halfway through its sixth season, "The Office" has struggled to find its way this year. Between the sale of Dunder Mifflin's Scranton branch to Sabre and the hurried relationship between Jim and Pam, "The Office" has lacked a little bit of its original off-beat and hilarious humor. A welcome storyline is the awkward but sweet romance of Erin and Andy. Here's to hoping that this once great show soon finds it's footing again.

"10 Things I Hate About You" returns Thursday, March 24 at 8 p.m on ABCFamily
The second season of the series, inspired on the film of the same name, picks up right where it left off last season after snarky Kat ditched school with bad boy Patrick to stand up in protest of the school's new policies that encroached upon student privacy. But, uh-oh, now she is upset to learn it might affect her chances of getting into her dream college. Meanwhile, Bianca has her own problem when she discovers her kiss with stupid but cute Joey was caught on videotape potentially endangering her social standing and position on the cheerleading squad with queen bee Chastity. Will nerdy but endearing Cameron eventually win Bianca over? And will Kat and Patrick ever become a real couple? Tune in this season to find out.

"Vampire Diaries"returns Thursday, March 25 at 8 p.m on The CW
The last time we saw the gang of Mystic Falls, Va., there was a lot of death, a lot of fire and a lot of The CW-worthy angst. Heroine Elena and the vampire brothers Damon and Stefan Salvatore teamed up with Bonnie and her Grams, both witches, to open the tomb that had imprisoned vampires since the Civil War. Damon found out that his beloved Katherine was not among the withered vampires in the tomb. He was not a happy camper — so the series returns to find him hooking up more than a freshman at DomerFest. Look for a guest stint by Melinda Clarke (Marissa's mom on  "The O.C.") as Damon's latest conquest.