Free FLAME concert

Logan, Notre Dame, Bayer, U93, Best Buddies and DTSB is sponsoring a free concert March 18 at 6:30 p.m. at the Century Center for Disability Awareness. FLAME is a very unique rock band. All the musicians have either a physical or developmental disability. I saw them last year, and I can say they have many talented abilities. South Bend should lay out the red carpet for this rock band. Last year, they came all the way from New York on their tour bus to play at IUSB. They were robbed. Yes, people robbed the bus, while they were getting ready to play. Someone robbed them of their credit cards, cell phones, cash, ipods, whatever they could find on the bus. The band still went on stage and played in spite of how they were violated. The people that travel with them were teary-eyed and the musicians were clearly shaken. I have to commend the band FLAME, and the people that support the band, for coming back to South Bend. So thank you to all the sponsors that are bringing wonderful free entertainment during these tough economic times. We all need to come and celebrate these talented men and women! As a mother of a son with autism, I am thankful that you are bringing disability awareness to South Bend. South Bend, please keep them safe! See you on the red carpet, and be prepared for a rockin fun evening!

I also want to thank the Notre Dame students for volunteering with Best Buddies and Logan. Your friendship is the world to our children and young adults. My son is a happier young man because of your compassion.

Katherine Robinson Coleman
alumnus
Class of 1978
March 15