The Best, Worst, and Brightest of Oscar Fashion

The daring, the beautiful and unfortunately the ugly all brought their best to the 82nd Academy Awards two weeks ago, highlighting upcoming fashion trends and sending out blaring warning signals of "don't try this at home" with the swish of some over-the-top gowns.

Sandra Bullock: As everyone knows, this star was a winner on every level possible on March 7. The Oscar she won was a mere accessory to the gorgeous, elegant and classy but sexy Marchesa gown she chose to clothe her fabulous figure. The sheer metallic and lacy details were perfectly balanced with simple side-swept hair and a smack of pink lipstick to add a punch of color to Bullock's otherwise statue-like presence. She aced yet another award's show red carpet and even has the Oscar to prove it.

Mariah Carey: Mariah, Mariah, Mariah. It doesn't always have to be about the boobs. Carey disappointed once again with an obvious presence of her décolletage that left little to the imagination and an overabundance of decadent jewelry. It doesn't always have to be "Go big or go home" Mariah. Large earrings, stacks of diamond bracelets on both wrists and an overwhelming brooch made for an uninspiring and blatantly flashy red carpet appearance. No one, not even Eminem, is going to be "obsessed" with this look.

Sarah Jessica Parker: You've got to give the woman props for trying to stay in character, even on the red carpet. Parker's pale gold column Chanel gown with a silver embroidered crown at the bosom and gold drapery across the neckline screamed Carrie Bradshaw. Parker brought something new and daring to the red carpet and though it admittedly looked better on the runway, it was innovative and inspiring and helped up the couture quota for the night.

Meryl Streep: You're always classy, adorable and a pleasure to listen to. It almost doesn't matter what you wear since your smile is one of the most dazzling and endearing images we've seen. Your white cowl neck long-sleeved gown by Project Runway's Chris March was simple yet flattering and proved that it's possible for a woman to age with grace.

Cameron Diaz: Finally, Cameron, you maximized on the beauty you were given. Past red carpet appearances left critics confused as to why this gorgeous woman with a fit figure and dazzling presence constantly failed to pick a gown that matched, but this year she aced it to the approval of all. Her strapless, shimmery embroidered Oscar de la Renta gown, sideswept hair and punch of red lips made her look like an old school Hollywood muse, overflowing with elegance and glamour. Though her look resembled Bullock's, it was refreshingly new, demure and much appreciated on Diaz.

Vera Farmiga: Mixed feelings hid in every ruffle of Farmiga's billowing fuchsia Marchesa gown. At first I loved it, then I wasn't quite sure, then I was distracted by the beautiful Sandra Bullock and finally I reached this conclusion: Farmiga's gown was Oscar appropriate and I appreciated that she graced the red carpet with it. It added some flavor and though it wasn't the most flattering fit because it hid every contour of her amazing 36-year-old body, it did bring a punch of color and a fresh spring feel to the awards show.