Weekend Events Calendar

Thursday: Poker Night, Legends @ midnight
After the Best of Acousticafé on Thursday night, Legends is hosting the third in a series of four poker nights this semester. Come out with your friends, enjoy some fierce competition and be sure to bring your poker face. There will be prizes for the winners and plenty of entertainment for everyone involved. This is a great way to wind down after a stressful week and you might even win a prize in the process. The games begin at midnight, so make sure you are there. If this Thursday doesn't work for you, be on the lookout for the final poker night at the beginning of April.

Friday: "Up In The Air," DeBartolo 101 @ 8 and 10:30 p.m.
Ryan Bingham (George Clooney) is a traveling salesman of sorts, traveling around the country and laying off employees for companies that are too pathetic to do it themselves. Ryan has embraced his traveling lifestyle, spending more nights per year in hotels than in his dingy apartment in Omaha, Nebraska. Yet, when new video technology threatens to make his job obsolete, Ryan is forced to reexamine his life and take stock of what is important. Along the way, he is forced to show newcomer Natalie Keener (Anna Kendrick) the ropes and develops a relationship with another frequent traveler Alex (Vera Farmiga).

Saturday: Will Hoge, Legends @ 10 p.m.
Growing up in Nashville, Tennessee, Will Hoge was greatly influenced by his father and uncles' record collections. After attending Western Kentucky University briefly, Hoge decided that he wanted to become a musician. In the mid-90s, Hoge played with a band, Spoonful, but it broke up after failing to get a record deal. After touring and releasing a solo album by himself, Hoge was signed to Atlantic Records in 2002. His most recent album, "The Wreckage," was inspired by a serious scooter accident he suffered in August of 2008. He spent a year in physical therapy, inspiring him to write "The Wreckage."

Sunday: Opening of BFA/MFA Theses Exhibition, Snite Museum @ 1 – 5 p.m.
The annual exhibition of work by senior and third-year graduate students from the art, art history and design departments will open this weekend. Showcasing the yearlong thesis projects which some art students choose to pursue in order to earn a bachelor or masters degree in fine art, the exhibit opening will feature a reception from 2 – 4 during which they will present awards. The exhibit is scheduled to run from March 28th until May 16th in the O'Shaughnessy Galleries of the Snite Museum, accessible through both the Snite Museum main entrance and O'Shaughnessy hall.