Men's Golf: Irish wrap up season at home

In preparation of the upcoming Big East Championships, Notre Dame welcomes Detroit Mercy in the Battle at the Warren. The tournament is the final tune-up before the playoffs begin.

The Irish have a final opportunity to work on the aspects of their game that need a boost.
"I would like to see our players come out playing the game," Irish coach Jim Kubinski said. "I think we've done too much trying this spring."

This final round of golf will be crucial for the Irish as the Big East Championships looms less than one week away. Notre Dame has not participated in a competitive golf tournament since its 12th place finish at the Spring Break Championship to conclude the month of March. 

Since the Irish will be hosting the Battle at the Warren, they have the advantage of a comfort level with the course.

"Playing at home is normally a big edge in golf," Kubinski said. "We know the course inside and out."

The golfers will have one last chance to polish their play before competing in the Big East Championships in Florida. This could pay dividends for the Irish in the playoffs, as there are still minor problems that need to be addressed at the tournament. Kubinski said the talent is there, but it needs some prodding.

"When we allow our natural ability [and] talent to come through, we're a very good team," Kubinski said.

Once the golfers get the kinks out of their game, they should be more at ease on the golf course.

"We need to be more relaxed and just play," Kubinski said. "We need to be focused."
The final event of the regular season begins Wednesday at 2:30 p.m. at Warren Golf Course.