Saint Mary's to host Little Sibs Weekend

This weekend, the Saint Mary's College Residence Hall Association (RHA) will be hosting Little Sibs Weekend, which gives Saint Mary's students a chance to show their little siblings life at the College.

"Lil Sibs Weekend is a fun event which gives the younger brothers and sisters
of Saint Mary's students an opportunity to visit the campus," Kady Shea, RHA co-advisor, said. "Siblings are given the chance to hang out and stay overnight with their older sib to get a little glimpse of college life."

Little Sibs of all ages will be attending the event. Siblings must be over the age of three and male siblings must be under the age of 12 to stay in the residence halls.

"There is no better way to inspire the younger generation to pursue high academic achievement then to show them the opportunities they can have," Leslie Robinson, co-advisor of RHA, said.

Check in begins at 4 p.m. and is followed by an ice cream social for the whole family beginning at 8 p.m.

Students and siblings will have breakfast between 9 a.m. and 11 a.m. Saturday in the Noble Family Dining Hall. A County Fair on the Library Green begins at noon and includes inflatables, tug of war, crafts, a petting zoo, a magician and a clown. Lunch will be served at the event.

After dinner Saturday night, the movie "Barnyard" will be shown in Carroll Auditorium.
The weekend ends with breakfast and Mass Sunday morning.

More than 160 little Siblings are registered to attend this weekend.  

Event planning began in October. Saint Mary's sophomores Catherine Moore and Andrea Firth organized the event with various members of the RHA board.

"This year, we have even changed the pricing of Lil Sibs weekend so that more people can become involved," Robinson said. "We now offer three packages at different price ranges, so that all students can have a Lil Sibs weekend that is more catered towards their needs."