Take it easy on Golic

Christopher Lushis | Friday, April 23, 2010

As the son of a die-hard football fan and alumnus, a title which hopefully will extend to myself in about three weeks, I know the importance of this university and the desire to represent it with honor. On Friday, the new Shirt will be unveiled for the football season, and, like past years, Mike Golic will be in attendance. As a graduate who made a name for himself here and in the NFL, as well as a proud parent of a current football star, he always enjoys coming to campus. Unfortunately, this time will be bittersweet. For those you who do not know, Mike recently lost a bet to his ESPN Radio co-host Mike Greenberg. The unpleasant task facing Mike Golic, while cheering his school and promoting his new book, is to don USC Trojan red and gold during his time on campus. Anyone who sees him should understand his hardship and refrain from any insults, but rather sympathize with this ambassador to our school and keep in mind the tremendous burden placed on him this weekend. Mike Golic is a man of his word; he endured a live waxing on his show last year due to a failed wager. He truly bleeds blue and gold, so during this weekend look at him with respect and empathy while restraining yourself from yelling any obscenities that become associated with just about everyone who wears those appalling colors. Go Irish!

Christopher Lushis
St. Ed’s Hall
April 22