Those ND bathroom bothers

During my time here, I have had a bit of a gripe with Notre Dame's bathrooms. I had tolerated the issue, but it came to a head recently. The other day, I was working on a project at the brand new Stinson Remick building. I was there for a while, so inevitably I had to use the bathroom. I went out to find it, and found the women's bathroom. Now, it would make sense that if you find the women's bathroom, the men's bathroom should be close by, right? Well, whoever built Stinson-Remick didn't think so! After looking around for a few minutes, I found a map, and it turns out the men's bathroom is on the complete opposite side of the building — nowhere near the women's bathroom. Not only that, but I had to go through a maze of hallways to find it. In the end, what should have been a routine trip to the bathroom turned into a 15 minute game of hide-and-seek. That's valuable time when you need to use the bathroom! Also, Stinson-Remick isn't the only building with confusing bathrooms. Many other buildings do too, including Hayes-Healy/Hurley, Fitzpatrick and several others. In most buildings, bathroom locations make almost no sense. Now I know it would be near impossible to move bathrooms around in current buildings, but the next time a new building is built, could you please put the men's and women's bathrooms next to each other and at least sort of easy to find?

And don't even get me started on the men's bathrooms in girl dorms. Those are harder to find than Waldo and Carmen San Diego combined.

Kevin Eller
sophomore
Stanford Hall
April 12