-

-

College president welcomes Class of 2014

Carol Ann Mooney | Saturday, August 21, 2010

On behalf of the faculty and staff at Saint Mary’s College, I extend a warm welcome to the Class of 2014 and our transfer students. As the 11th president of Saint Mary’s, and a proud alumna, I know how powerful this experience will be for you. You will spend the next four years in a rigorous academic environment supported by an excellent faculty, close friends and a deeply caring staff.
As a Holy Cross institution, we place a special emphasis on the education of the whole person. Your education will not end when you leave the classroom, each activity in which you participate will enhance your collegiate experience. I encourage you to participate in as many co-curricular activities as time and your academic schedule will permit.
One of my aspirations for you is that you will develop a sense of obligation to the common good and that your entire life and work will reflect that understanding. If this happens for you, then you, too, will have experienced the real Saint Mary’s.
Our proud 166-year tradition of educating women to make a difference in the world now includes you. It is your turn to make history at Saint Mary’s College. I look forward to accompanying you on this exciting journey.

Carol Ann Mooney
College president
Aug. 19