Dorm Eateries

On Thursday Scene featured four of the best eateries on campus. Today Scene brings you five more restaurants to feed the insatiable desire for pizza and burgers that occurs late at night in dorms all across Notre Dame.

Siegfried Pizzeria

Siegfried's Pizzeria serves up tasty pizza options five days a week. Pizza, chips, drinks and pizza sticks are available Sunday through Thursday, 9:30 p.m. to 12:30 a.m. A 10-inch thin crust pizza costs $4, and a 12-inch pizza is $5. Available toppings include pepperoni, sausage, onions, ham, pineapple and garlic. Six pizza sticks can be purchased for $3.75, drinks cost $1.25 and all chips are 50 cents. The chef prepares all pizzas in about 7-10 minutes depending on demand.  The pizzeria staff personally delivers your order if you wait in Siegfried's lobby, and the staff does room deliveries to Siegfried residents. All profits are split among the owners.     

Dawg Pizza

Though it may be worrisome to take pizza given by a bunch of dogs, Alumni Hall's Dawg Pizza is worth the risk. Every night the dawg house serves as one of Notre Dame's finest pizzerias aside from Reckers. They serve thin crust pizza with your choice of cheese, sausage and pepperoni. They also serve up deliciously cheesy breadsticks. Dawg Pizza is open from 10 p.m. to 1 a.m. on Sunday through Thursday, and from 12 a.m. to 3 a.m. on Friday and Saturday.

Yaz's

Morrissey's restaurant was founded in 2001 when students filled a study lounge with baseball memorabilia and made tables out of beer kegs, naming the establishment after baseball hall-of-famer and Manorite Carl "Yaz" Yastrzemski. Yaz's offers brats, burgers, shakes, and their trademark "zachos" with prices ranging from 75 cents to $3, and profits going to the dorm, according to Alex Oloritz, manager of Yaz's. The eatery is open Monday through Thursday from 10 p.m. to 1 a.m. and Sunday from 11 p.m. to 1 a.m.

Zahm Za

Students, faculty, and celebrities of all ages and genders stop by the basement of Zahm House for two very distinct and respectable reasons: to pay their tributes to Ignats the moose, and to feast on the pure deliciousness that is the Zahm Za. Menu items include cheese, pepperoni, sausage, and, for the daring, presidential (both sausage and pepperoni) pizza, as well as cheese sticks. The Za isn't free: $6 for a 12-inch or $10 for a 16-inch, but it all goes to a good cause. All profits benefit the Robinson Community Learning Center in South Bend.

Zaland

Nestled in the basement of Keenan Hall, Zaland is a Keenan-run pizza joint, serving late night snacks to the guys of Keenan and Stanford.  Zaland is open for business Sunday through Thursday 9:30 p.m. to 12:30 a.m. and Friday and Saturday from 11:30 p.m. to 2:30 a.m.  In addition to mouth-watering slices of Cheese and Pepperoni for only a buck, Zaland also sells assorted ice cream and bottled water for $1.25, chips and candy for 75 cents and fountain drinks for $1.  Almost as popular as the pizza are the luscious slushies that will give you that extra jolt you need to finish up the day.  Whole Pizzas are also available for $6.  So, if you're up late studying and crave a midnight snack, make your way down to Keenan's basement and grab a slice.  It's the "Best in Za-Land."