ND Women's Golf: Irish prepared to tee off season

The Irish tee off their season Saturday at Michigan State's Mary Fossum Invitational.

Seniors So-Hyun Park and Katie Conway said they are particularly looking forward to jumpstart their last season on the Notre Dame team.

"I think we need to remember to start strong and get a good start for the season," Park said. "The competition in this weekend's tournament field is going to be very tough, so we need to especially stay focused and not make any sloppy mistakes."

Since returning to campus, the Irish have worked hard to get to competitive level at which they wish to play.

"The team has changed up practice to be more structured and to be more competitive with each other," Conway said. "If we practice by wanting to beat each other, we will be more ready to come together to beat our opponents at each event. I'm excited to see the results of the changes we've implemented this year."

The Irish will face tough opposition including Kent State and Michigan State. The team's goal is to win the invitational, but as it is their first meet, the playing process is more important than the end result. They're just excited to get the season started.

"It all circles back to taking it one shot at a time. We hope to set a good tone for the rest of the season and gain some momentum as we move along with our fall schedule," Conway said.

"I think a good start of this weekend will help us get into a good momentum and build our confidence for the season. We are all ready to go out and play, so we just need to get it done," Park said.

The Irish will tee off Saturday in East Lansing to commence their season and the Mary Fossum Invitational.