Papa Roach and Trapt rock Club Fever

This Wednesday, California rock will bring the heat wave to South Bend when Papa Roach and Trapt perform at Club Fever. Papa Roach brings music from their new album "Time for Annihilation," released in August, and Trapt will be performing songs from their new album "No Apologies," which comes out Oct. 12. Both bands originated in California, have the experience of multiple albums under their belts and have new music ahead in their careers to bring to the stage.

The concert takes place at the Backstage Grill at Club Fever on Wednesday night. According to Vick Mann, Club Fever's manager, the Backstage Grill venue holds about three hundred people and is a quieter bar area. Students considering attending the concert should try to buy them in advance since this particular band is popular in the area — Mann said he would be surprised if the concert doesn't sell out. Mann said Club Fever normally hosts hard rock acts like Saliva and Seven Dust and would like to bring in more country shows, as well as a few more comedy shows down the road.

Mann encourages students to attend the concert in addition to their "1-2-3 Dollar Thursdays" and "Funky Fridays."

"You get to see a live national act," Mann said in an interview with The Observer. "Usually bands like Papa Roach come through town only so often, around the area Morris has the shows or you don't get to see bands you'd like to see."

Coming from punk and rap influences, Papa Roach's musical style has developed more into hard rock, leaning towards heavy metal. Active since 1993, the band's seven studio albums include "Old Friends From Young Years" (1997), "Infest" (2000), "Lovehatetragedy" (2002), "Getting Away with Murder" (2004), "The Paramour Sessions" (2006), "Metamorphosis" (2009) and their new album "Time for Annihilation" (2010).

The band's local success from their first full-length album led to gigs with Suicidal Tendencies, Sevendust and Power 5000 as well as rap acts later in their career, such as Ludacris and Xzibit on an tour with Eminem.

Trapt, formed by high school friends and fans of heavy rock, advanced from suburban gigs in Southern California to opening for names like Papa Roach, Spike 1000 and Dredg. After high school, the band got together on weekends to rehearse and perform shows while attending different colleges in California. Eventually, each member left school and moved to Los Angeles. Trapt's albums include "Trapt" (2002), "Someone in Control" (2005), "Only Through Pain" (2008) and their upcoming release "No Apologies."