-

-

Things to do before the game

Courtney Cox | Friday, September 3, 2010

Before the weather starts getting really terrible, take the time to make a trip over to Carroll Hall to see the massive “Go Irish” banner. It’s quite the surprise that so much Notre Dame spirit can be contained in such a small dorm, but seeing the banner early on Saturday morning will certainly evoke pride in even the most lackluster football fans.

For anyone looking for that quintessential “so college” moment, look no further than Alumni Quad Dancing. Early Friday afternoon, the men of Alumni Hall showcase their dance moves and manage to make passersby feel as uncomfortable as possible. They tend to sacrifice their bodies for the dance and may even sacrifice a little pride. When walking out of South Dining Hall on Friday, don’t be alarmed by the dancing cone or shirtless Bill Clinton. It’s just the Alumni Quad Dance.

After stopping by Carroll Hall, complete the Notre Dame banner tour by heading to Zahm Hall. For every home game a large banner reading “Here Come the Irish” covers the building. It’s nothing compared to hearing the same phrase read by the announcer as our team takes the field, but it’s an integral part of the football tradition.

The biggest event this weekend, other than the actual game, is the Dillon Pep Rally. Each dorm showcasing their dorm pride is quite exciting. Viking hats and giant oars may not be commonplace at Notre Dame, but they aren’t out of the ordinary at the Dillon Pep rally. Come experience the thrill of Notre Dame football at 6:00 p.m. on Friday while the team is still undefeated.