Wearing Kelly green

Jim Blase | Monday, September 13, 2010

Great letter to the editor by David Zimmer (“Game weekend support,” Sept. 8) Only two additional suggestions:

1. We should all wear kelly green to EVERY game, not just to the Michigan game; and

2. We need to be able to get the word out to the alumni and other fans (i.e., not just the students, who will be wearing their kelly green shirts to the game anyway) who will be in attendance at the game. My suggestion: Put up a lot of signs around campus regarding the “wear kelly green to the game” cry, similar to the type of signs the men’s and women’s soccer teams do when they place signs around campus encouraging football fans to come to their home games on football weekends.

One other suggestion, while I am at it: at the Michigan State game next weekend, let’s not make the same mistake we made last year, when we had no members of the band in attendance at the Purdue game, located just an hour or so down the road. Even if the entire band will not be making the trip to Michigan State (i.e., due to budget issues), let’s at least have any member of the band who wants to volunteer to pay their own way up to East Lansing, make the trip, to help encourage our team onward to victory against the Spartans. I implore the band management and administration to please allow this to happen.

Jim Blase

law school class of 1981

Sep. 9