ND Women's Golf: Notre Dame looks to continue team success

The Irish have gotten off to nothing short of an incredible start this season, taking first place in their first two meets this year. Notre Dame will look to extend its hot streak in Knoxville, Tenn. at the Mercedes Benz Championship at the Holston Hills Country Club.

After a very successful home meet last weekend, the team has been working to improve small parts of their game to bring it to the next level.

"We've been working on what we felt like we needed to work on after our home tournament last weekend," senior So-Hyun Park said. "For me it was my iron shots because I didn't hit that many greens last weekend."

The whole team will travel this weekend, with Park, classmate Katie Conway, junior Becca Huffer and freshmen Kristina Nhim and Nicole Zhang competing as a team and junior Katie Allare competing individually. They will face 14 other teams, including No. 14 Arkansas and No. 18 Kent State.

"Our goal is obviously to win again and just go out there and play our best," Park said. "There are lots of great teams playing in this tournament and I think we really need to take advantage of that and play well."

While this weekend may not be Notre Dame's most competitive match of the season, The Irish know that they still need to be at the top of their game.

"Two wins are just the past now, so we need to focus on what's in front of us," Park said. "We feel confident we can win this week."

The three-day meet begins today and will extend until Sunday, with 18 holes played each day of play. Saturday's play will include a "Pink Out" in honor of Breast Cancer Awareness Week, with players wearing pink and donning their bags with pink ribbons.