Player Profile: Kaitlin Robinson

One of the biggest sports clichés is that the only thing harder than getting on top is staying there. That hasn't yet been an issue for Kaitlin Robinson and the Ducks.

Howard made a run to Notre Dame Stadium last year and capped its undefeated season with a 13-7 win over Pasquerilla West and an interhall championship. Robinson was an integral part of that championship team and was a force at the wide receiver position, catching several key passes in the victory.

"Our team got together in the tunnel and said a Hail Mary and then ran out while our friends and family cheered us on." Robinson said, referring to last year's championship. "It was a tremendous feeling and winning the game made it even better."

This year has been more of the same for the Ducks, who sport a 3-0 record and look primed to make another deep playoff run. Robinson, now a senior, said she still contributes a lot to her team.

"Brightly colored socks and dance moves, mostly," Robinson said. "And a good catch or defensive stop every now and then."

Howard has won its three games by a combined 52 points, and Robinson has three touchdowns and two interceptions over that span. With this great start, Howard continues to be a perennial football power, and Robinson thinks she knows the reason why.

"Coming from such a small dorm, we all know each other and work together outside of football. That sisterhood has allowed us to achieve success so far, and we know it will continue,"

Robinson, who is also a resident assistant in Howard, said. "It doesn't hurt that we know how to play football, either."

Robinson and the Ducks will look to continue their success this Sunday against Pasquerilla East.