SMC Soccer: Belles fall to Adrian College

The offensive troubles continued for the Belles this weekend, as Saint Mary's fell to another MIAA opponent.

Saint Mary's (2-16-0, 0-7-0 MIAA) struggled to a 2-0 defeat at the hands of Adrian College. The Belles had chances throughout the game, but were unable to capitalize on their opportunities.

Saint Mary's coach Michael Joyce said the game could have gone either way, as the squad just could not put the ball in the net.

"It was a fairly even game," Joyce said. "We had some great chances to score — the ball just didn't fall for us. We pushed hard for a goal in the second half and gambled a bit defensively, which created some great chances for us, but also gave Adrian some good looks at our goal, so it was back and forth."

The Bulldogs scored both of their goals in the first half. The first one came in the seventh minute off of the foot of freshman McKenzie Doda. Sophomore Patti Vaassen scored the second goal was scored in the 18th minute.

The Belles' last game of the season will be Wednesday at Trine College. Joyce said he knows how important it is to finish this season off strong and gain some momentum going into the 2011 campaign.

"We're looking for a win against Trine," he said. "They are much better than they have been in the past, so we'll have to be on our game. Finishing our chances has been a challenge all season, so it is something we're concentrating on this week. We're looking at it as a setup for next year and want a positive result."