Let's Hear It for Delta Spirit

New-school Americana rockers Delta Spirit will make an appearance at Legends Saturday night as part of their tour with Darker My Love and The Fling. The five-piece band from San Diego will be crooning from their first EP, "I Think I've Found It", as well as two previous albums, "Ode to Sunshine" and "History From Below." The band also released "The Waits Room EP" on Nov. 16 featuring five songs, "The Flood," "Bushwick Blues," "Devil Knows You're Dead," "John Henry" and "My Dream," which are currently available on iTunes.

The five-piece band born out of San Diego is known for their warbling rag-tag teaming of Americana, blues and indie-rock that result in guttural soul searching songs and ripping tunes that seem familiar and chillingly brand new all at the same time. Delta Spirit's concerts are sure to please, with a "Doug"-like habit of "bangin' on a trash can" — or whatever else they can find — and a blast of energy that only love of music or a can of Four Loko could provide. We'll assume they're getting it from the music.

Their particular brand of intoxicating crooning sounds like it should be coming from the far barstool in some lonesome dive at last call, or maybe around a campfire out on the open range instead of the Legend's stage. Time travel is not out of the question with their musical influences that stretch from as far across the country as they have during their tours, which have often been with acts like Cold War Kids, The Shins, Dr. Dog, Matt Costa and more.

With lyrics ranging from religious pondering to social commentary, they're always accented with a welcoming and fun sound that's enough to either incite a riot or silent adoration, a deep strike into the uniquely American musical gold mine. Revivalist country folk is what you'll get with songs like "The Flood" off their new EP, or energetic guitar yelping with "People C'mon," or maybe a the galloping sound of "Trashcan," from their album "Ode to Sunshine." With a little bit of gospel thrown in here and there with songs like "Streetwalker" or "Devil Knows You're Dead," there's a little bit of genre for everyone thrown into their repertoire.