Men's Tennis: Irish split up over weekend

Notre Dame will compete in its final tournaments of the fall season this weekend as the focus begins to shift toward the spring season.

The squad will be split between the Crimson Tide Invitational and the William and Mary Invitational.

The William and Mary Invitational, which will be held at the McCormack-Nagelsen Tennis Center, includes four teams. Each squad will showcase six singles flights and three doubles flights in the tournament.

The Crimson Tide Invitational will take place in Tuscaloosa, Ala., and is hosted by the University of Alabama, the second tournament they have hosted this season. Teams from 10 states will participate in the three-day event. The programs that will be represented include Alabama, Auburn, Virginia Tech and Tennessee. The Volunteers bring an impressive squad to the courts, as last year's team finished second in the Campbell Rankings last season.

This weekend's action will be the first for the Irish in two weeks, when a few players participated in the Midwest Regional Championships from Oct. 21 to 25. It will be the first team-wide event since the Harvard Invitational, which took place from Oct. 1 to 3.

A goal heading into the fall season was picking up valuable experience and good playing habits leading into the second half of their season, which is more important in terms of wins and losses.