SMC sophomore dance themed masquerade

The Saint Mary's Class of 2013 will host a black-and-white themed, formal dance to be held tonight in downtown South Bend.

Attendees are encouraged to wear black and white to the dance, "Black Time Masquerade." Masks, which are provided with the tickets, and decorations will add a splash of color to the black and white theme, Katie Gutrich, Class of 2013 president, said.

She said the dance will be held at Century Center in downtown South Bend from 10 p.m. to 1 a.m.

Ticket sales have been extended due to their high demand, Gutrich said. Tickets will be available for purchase in the Student Center Atrium through today from 12 p.m. to 2 p.m. and 4 p.m. to 7 p.m. The cost is $15 per person.

"This is the first formal dance for the Class of 2013," Gutrich said. "Hopefully this big turnout will help keep the class of 2013's enthusiasm up."

Saint Mary's will provide transportation to and from the dance. A trolley system will be available throughout the evening and will pick students up at Le Mans circle.

Class of 2013 vice president Torrie Thompson said food will be provided at the dance and the theme will be "death by chocolate." Some of the desserts include: cream puffs, rice krispies, éclairs, chocolate covered strawberries and pretzels, moose shooters and brownies.

"We've worked really hard on it with the Class of 2013 in mind," Thompson said. "My hope is that everyone enjoys it and has a good time with all their friends."