SkyMall Top 10

Courtney Cox | Thursday, December 2, 2010

With Christmas fast approaching, it’s understandable to panic about those last couple days of class, those rough final papers and the all-consuming final exams. With so much school business going on, how can anyone be bothered to find that perfect gift for everyone on his or her holiday list? To aid all busy students in their quest, I have compiled a list of the top ten gifts (in no particular order) from the world’s greatest retailer … Skymall.

The Big Foot Garden Yeti Sculpture: A threatening garden statue to scare squirrels away or the perfect dorm accessory? You decide.

Darth Vader Toaster: No, it’s not called the Darth Vader toaster because the physical machine looks like Darth Vader. It’s called the Darth Vader toaster because it burns Darth Vader’s face into your toast.

Largest Crossword Puzzle: With 100 full pages of clues, this 7’x7′ crossword puzzle is great for the friend who has a lot of wall space as well as a lot of free time.

House of Bounce Fortress: Because renting just doesn’t cut it. It’s sure to be a hit at all the dorm parties.

Burg Watch Phone: Cooler than the iPhone and Droid combined. You absolutely will not look ridiculous having a conversation with your watch

The Siamese Slanket: For those lucky enough to be friends with one of those Notre Dame couples buy them this off-brand Snuggie-for-two and kill two birds with one stone!

Brobdingnagian Sports Chair: May make the receiver look insignificant, but it’s just hilarious enough to pass as a good gift.

Travel UV Toothbrush Sanitizer: Because traveling without a freshly sanitized toothbrush just isn’t an option.

Basho Sumo Wrestler Statues: If you have no clue what to get someone, this can be a pretty safe fallback. Who doesn’t love sumo wrestler statues?

Evel One Leather Chaps: Just gift these bad boys to yourself for being the world’s greatest gift-giver.

Contact Courtney Cox at ccox3@nd.edu