Full House Now and Then

In 1987, ABC introduced America to the Tanner family. The story revolved around a recently widowed father trying to raise his three daughters with the help of his two best friends, all under one roof. As the family grew through the years, America did as well with the help of Danny's patented father daughter speeches. Scene takes a look at whether the family has heeded its own advice in this "Where are they now?" special.

Danny Tanner (Bob Saget)

Everyone's favorite TV father, the self-proclaimed "lean, mean, cleaning machine," Danny Tanner tugged at viewers' heartstrings with his quirkiness and devotion to his late wife. Saget hosted "America's Funniest Home Videos" through 1997, and he continues his stand up comedy today. These days, Saget is most recognizable for his role as the voice of an older Ted Mosby on the CBS series "How I Met Your Mother." He has also embraced the other side of the film industry, writing, directing, and producing the straight-to-video parody "Farce of the Penguins" (2007). Saget recently brought his wit and humor to A&E's "Strange Days with Bob Saget," where he investigates America's fascinating subcultures.

Jesse Katstopolis (John Stamos)

With a Harley-Davidson beneath him, a leather jacket across his manly shoulders and a long flowing mullet any late 80s rocker would envy, John Stamos roared into the lives of the Tanner family and onto our TV sets. Uncle Jesse was the cool bad boy with a soft heart who was the cause of many women's mistaken theories that they can tame any rebel.

Since his "Full House" days, Stamos' celebrity status has been solidified with a "Beach Boys" drummer gig, a lead role on "ER" and multiple appearances on "Glee." None are as impressive, though, as his "Step Brothers" claim to fame. Stamos was the glue that brought Will Ferrell and John C. Reilly together when they realized that the one male they would sleep with if they were girls was Uncle Jesse himself. Have mercy!

Joey Gladstone (Dave Coulier)

We may love him as the goofy easygoing Uncle Joey on "Full House," but not everyone's memories of Dave Coulier are so fond. A life of cartoons and bitter song lyrics graciously awaited him once he finished his turn as the Tanners' loveable family friend. After the series wrapped in 1995, Coulier lent his voice to shows like "Bob & Doug" and "Farce of the Penguins" and starred on VH1's reality show, "The Surreal Life." Coulier even had a cameo in "The Even Stevens Movie" but nothing quite took the cake like being the inspiration for the angry Alanis Morrisette hit "You Oughta Know." If there is one thing she can thank him for, it's helping her rake in millions of dollars and bitter female fans. It's OK Dave. You oughta know we still love you.

Donna Jo "D.J." Tanner (Candace Cameron Bure)

Candace Cameron Bure's D.J. Tanner introduced viewers to the hardships of female teenage life as she encountered problems from her first love to fitting in. She captured our hearts and sense of style with her huge sweaters and scrunchies. After the show ended in 1995, Candace married Russian NHL star Valeri Bure, with whom she now has three children. She starred in the made-for-TV movie "No One Would Tell" (1996) with another former child star, Fred Savage, as well as guest starring on TV shows like "Boy Meets World," "That's So Raven" and "Make It or Break It." Bure has also recently gone public about her struggle with bulimia following the end of "Full House."

Stephanie Tanner (Jodie Sweetin)

Stephanie Tanner was the sweet but sarcastic middle child in the Tanner family played by actress Jodie Sweetin. Since the show, Sweetin graduated from Chapman College, got married twice, and battled an addiction to methamphetamines. After going to rehab, her life took a turn for the better. She landed some acting jobs, had a daughter named Zoie with her second husband, and wrote a memoir called "unSweetened", which talks about her days on "Full House" and her battle with drugs. She is currently engaged to Morty Coyle, with whom she has another daughter with named Beatrix.

Michelle Tanner (Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen)

Though "Full House" started the careers for many of its actors, it practically started the lives of Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen. They joined the entertainment world as one unit in 1987, when they were credited as "Mary Kate Ashley Olsen" in the part of baby Michelle Tanner. Child labor laws (and that fact that babies are fussy and unpredictable) meant that the show's producers had to get a set of 9-month-old twins to alternate "acting" in the show. Even after "Full House" ended in 1995, the twins still worked as a pair through much of their preteen and teenage years, building an empire of feature film home videos, clothing and even perfume. By the time they reached 18 and became the CEOs of DualStar Entertainment Group, they were ranked as the 11th richest women in entertainment by Forbes magazine.

Now, the two run several fashion lines: high-priced The Row and JC Penney-distributed Olsenboye, as well as Ashley's solo line Elizabeth and James.

Ashley hasn't acted in anything since the twins' poorly received "New York Minute" in 2004, but Mary-Kate continues to perform, most notably in Showtime's "Weeds" series and in the film "The Wackness." Her next role is as the witch in "Beastly," a modern-day retelling of "Beauty and the Beast," to be released in March.

Kimmy Gibbler (Andrea Barber)

Andrea Barber played the Tanner's annoying, funny and vivacious next-door neighbor Kimmy Gibbler. Gibbler provided comic relief on the show as she always had something funny to say while wearing her trademark unique and crazy outfits and eating anything and everything in the Tanner's fridge. Right after "Full House" ended, Barber retired from acting and returned to school. She attended and graduated from Whittier College in California. In 2002, she married Jeremy Rytky and soon after the wedding the two of them moved to England to attend graduate school at the University of York. She and her husband have two kids, a son named Tate and a daughter named Felicity.