Bengal Bouts: Preliminaries, 157 Pounds

Jamie "Sweet Rays of Sunshine" Koepsel def. Samuel "Man of War" Roskos

The senior versus freshman bout began energetically with neither fighter gaining a significant advantage in the first round. Koepsel, the senior, tried to go for the kill in the second but a quick Roskos was able to dance away from it. By the third round, Koespel managed to gain control as he trapped Roskos in a corner and ultimately earned a unanimous decision victory.

Jeff "Lil' Bear" Ulrich def. Stephen "Big Steve" Mattingly

The two fighters traded punches early on, but Ulrich turned up the heat late in the first round, chasing the senior Mattingly around the ring. Both appeared winded between the first and second rounds, but Ulrich opened the second round with a vicious hit to Mattingly's head. The senior was knocked woozy and never recovered, and the referee ended the fight early, granting Ulrich the victory by the referee stopping the contest.

Daniel Leicht def. Kyle "No Name Just Game" Kober

The true nickname-less fighter won the day in a very close contest of two quick and evenly matched sophomores. Both struggled to maintain defensive position as the fighters went punch for punch throughout the bout. Ultimately, Leicht pulled out the victory in a split decision.

Paul "Hawaii K.O." Hayes def. Steven Bischoff

Hayes did not waste any time in the opening seconds of his match, opening so aggressively that even his cheering section advised him to calm down. But the senior did not need any of their hints — Bischoff was in trouble from the first few seconds, and Hayes dealt several strong blows to the Alumni freshman as the first round ended. Hayes swung and missed Bischoff early in the second round, and the freshman took the opportunity to land a body shot on the momentarily vulnerable senior. But Hayes recovered and trapped Bischoff against the ropes, and the referee, clearly concerned for the freshman's safety, stopped the contest, declaring Hayes the winner by the referee stopping the contest.

William "The Haymaker" Hayman def. Steve "Kraska Steve" Kraska

The Knott senior went after the Dillon sophomore from the outset. Though Kraska made a valiant attempt to turn it around in the second round, Hayman was able to land a devastating blow to the face that left Kraska reeling and bleeding. Again in the third Kraska came out aggressively, but Hayman's overall control of the fight earned him a split decision victory.

Colin "The Lion" King def. Alec "Hot Like Sauce" Hollis

The bout began with fists flying and neither fighter was able to gain the upper hand despite Hollis' early slip. The first round was interrupted when the O'Neill junior required medical attention, but neither fighter distinguished himself until the second round, when King came out strong, beating the junior into a corner, and then knocking him around the ring. The referee stopped the fight when Hollis was not able to protect himself against a barrage of blows to the side of the head, making "The Lion" King the victor by the referee stopping the contest.

Ryan Carey def. Jacob "The Dancing Bear" Baranek

Right from the get-go both fighters tried to gain an edge as they traded blow for blow. Eventually in the second, Baranek landed an incredibly powerful blow that nearly knocked Carey out of the ring entirely. Carey was able to rally in the third, however, and make a comeback as he earned a split decision win.