Bengal Bouts: Quarterfinals, 167 pounds

Richard "Mr. Glass" McAvoy def. Daniel Griess

McAvoy took control early in the first round, backing Griess into the ropes in the first few seconds. Griess gained momentum after a wild swipe from McAvoy failed to make contact, and Griess, a freshman from Keenan, ended the first round by landing a blow on the law student's forehead. McAvoy regained control of the match in the second round when he backed the freshman into the ropes and then into a corner. Griess came out strong in the final round, even backing McAvoy into a corner, but McAvoy was declared the winner of the bout by split decision.

Jake "One Blow" Joe def. John Healy

The Sorin College sophomore Joe was unfazed by the early onslaught from Healy, responding with a hook that left the sophomore from Duncan sprawled on the ground. Joe then closed the first round with a barrage that trapped Healy in a corner. Joe was knocked off balance early in the second round, and Healy slipped and fell just a few seconds later, but Joe regained momentum when he cornered the Duncan sophomore for the second time in as many rounds. Healy began to show signs of fatigue in the third round, and Joe became the victor by unanimous decision.

Brian "Yeah, Cool Beans" Salvi def. William "I Sunk Your Battleship" Hull

Hull, a senior, came out aggressive against the law student Salvi, landing a few jabs early. However, later in the first round, Salvi landed a big right hook, knocking Hull to the mat and leading the referee to stop the match, with Salvi victorious by the referee stopping the contest.

David "Mountain Man" Cray def. Christopher "Fuhaluvus" LaCosta

The junior LaCosta came out in the first round aggressive, landing a few successful jabs. The senior Cray responded with some combinations of his own, leading to an even first round. The second round consisted of more heavy punches, as Cray and LaCosta each knocked the other back a few times with some big hooks. The third round began evenly. However, as the round continued LaCosta began to tire. Cray was able to take an advantage and land a large number of punches towards the end of the round, and earn the unanimous decision.