Thank you, North Dining Hall staff!

This morning my roommates and I woke up to the great news of class cancellations due to the snowpocalypse that had reached South Bend overnight. After going back to sleep for another hour, we then got to work on deciding what to do with our newly found freetime. First order of business: eat some food. We wanted nothing more than to go to North Dining Hall and enjoy some hot brunch after the long snowy night. Unsure of whether NDH would be open as a result of the storm, we trekked across north quad and made it there without too much trouble because of the efficient snow removal. The even better news was that NDH was open! The card swipers were there, smiling at us as usual, the dessert bar was being restocked as we took our seats and the food was hot and ready. We certainly didn't expect such a scene! The men and women of North Dining Hall (and the snow removal crew and the LaFortune workers and various support staff) made it to campus safely, all for our direct benefit. We cannot thank you enough for all that you do for us! While we slept in and lounged in our pajamas, all of you were out and about, braving the brutal road conditions and making your way to Notre Dame. It really says a lot about how much we need to appreciate the staff on campus. Don't take your clear sidewalks, clean dorms, hot lunch and Starbucks for granted. Many people came to work this morning despite the blizzard so take a minute to say thank you and appreciate how good we have it here. Thanks Notre Dame for the snow day and thanks NDH for the best brunch we've had all year!

Taylor Sticha, Katie Hennessy, Sydney Speltz, Catherine de la Rosa, Mary Goodman, Anna Bennett, Mara Catlaw

sophomores

Lewis Hall

Feb. 2