Thank you, Notre Dame

On behalf of the men of Siegfried Hall, I would like to thank every one of you, the Notre Dame community, for contributing to the success of Day of Man. Last Wednesday, we woke up to temperatures hovering around zero degrees with negative wind chills. At that point, any man who is about to walk outside in shorts and a t-shirt has to question his sanity. However, the embrace of the Notre Dame community pulled us through. We asked only that you give us what spare change you had, and you gave us so much more. As of now, the Notre Dame community has collected $6,250 for the South Bend Center for the Homeless. The Day of Man was more successful than any before because of the help that each of you gave us. Whether you donated money or gave us some hot chocolate to warm up, your help buoyed our efforts. We cannot thank you enough for your help.

This leaves only one thing to say. Congratulations, Notre Dame community! When we asked for help, you responded. When the homeless of South Bend needed your help, you willingly donated your hard-earned money. Most importantly, by you standing in solidarity with the homeless, people in South Bend will have the basic warmth and shelter that is needed in a South Bend winter. Your contributions as a community showed what it truly means to "Man Up!" (or "Woman Up!" if you prefer).

Andrew Ritter

Peter Thompson

sophomores

Siegfried Hall

Feb. 14