-

-

Gluten-Free ND?

Mike Petravick | Friday, April 1, 2011

I am not overly concerned whether or not the dining halls serve meat on Fridays during Lent. I don’t eat it, but I won’t force my beliefs on you. What concerns me more is the lack of gluten free foods on these days. As I was diagnosed as being a non-Celiac gluten intolerant over Christmas break, this is my first Lent dealing with this problem. I had never before given much thought to all of the meatless options: mac and cheese, cheese pizza, potato pancakes, and various vegetable casseroles. Even the fish option last week was breaded.

I’m not suggesting we take away these options because: (1) most people can eat them and (2) they taste good, but could we please have a gluten-free choice that isn’t Rice Chex cereal or PB&J on bread which must be defrosted in the microwave? I’d be happy seeing one of the GF stickers on some fish or some potatoes.

P.S. Gluten-Free ND, your link on the SAO website goes to the Glass Club, just for your information.

Mike Petravick

sophomore

Duncan Hall

Mar. 31

-

-

Gluten-Free ND?

Mike Petravick | Friday, April 1, 2011

I am not overly concerned whether or not the dining halls serve meat on Fridays during Lent. I don’t eat it, but I won’t force my beliefs on you. What concerns me more is the lack of gluten-free foods on these days. As I was diagnosed as being a non-Celiac gluten intolerant over Christmas break, this is my first Lent dealing with this problem. I had never before given much thought to all of the meatless options: mac and cheese, cheese pizza, potato pancakes and various vegetable casseroles. Even the fish option last week was breaded.

Mike Petravick

sophomore

Duncan Hall

Mar. 31