Bridesmaids prescreening at DPAC

Universal Pictures is hosting a on-campus prescreening of their new movie "Bridesmaids" at the Browning Cinema in the DeBartolo Performing Arts Center Thursday. Come see what looks to be a hilarious hit from producer Judd Apatow of "Superbad" and "Knocked Up."

Kristen Wiig and Maya Rudolph of "Saturday Night Live" star in this comedy, which looks into the inner workings and nuances surrounding the humbling role of being a bridesmaid.

Annie (Wiig) leads the colorful crew as the maid of honor, trying to make sure her best friend Lillian (Rudolph) makes it down the aisle and enjoys her last days of freedom. Though lovelorn and broke, Annie dives into all of the required rituals and tries to fake her way through the festivities.

Annie gets to know the other ladies in the bridal party, including one particular rival, Helen (Rose Byrne, "28 Weeks Later"), who is perfectly poised to fulfill all the duties Annie struggles through. As one might expect, Annie and the bridesmaids have their share of adventures and mishaps while growing and bonding from their experiences.

Don't miss your chance to take a hard-earned study break during reading days and see this  film before it is released in theaters. Official tickets will be handed out at DPAC starting at 6 p.m. Thursday on a first-come, first-serve basis. Come by The Observer office for a chance to win a free t-shirt and to find out more information about the prescreening.