Dream House film remains unscreened, shrouded in mystery

A family lives in a house. They have British accents. They seem perfect. Then disaster strikes.

When Will (Daniel Craig), his wife Libby (Rachel Weisz) and their two daughters move from Manhattan into a picturesque New England home, they revel in its beauty and enjoy its comfort.

Everything seems wonderful, until the family learns that their humble abode was once the scene of a brutal and gory murder.

Will confronts his new neighbor Ann (Naomi Watts) about the rumors and learns that a mother and her children were shot, but the father survived. He heads to an institution to find the suspected father, Peter Ward, but encounters a startling revelation: he is Peter Ward. Or, at least that's what the doctor tells him.    

The doctor also tells him that he lived in the ward for five years and was released just seven days ago.

Will realizes that what he thought was his reality, might actually be a dream. At least that's what the trailer makes you think.

As Will relives the past and tries to discover exactly what happened in his home years ago, both suspense and tension increase.

The film was not shown to critics before its release, so it's difficult to tell what twists the plot will take. See it in theatres today and solve the mystery of the "Dream House."